Sunday, April 7, 2013

Camp NaNoWriMo Update -- Short Hiatus from Review Postings

Okay, so I took the plunge and am trying to write (or at least start) my own masterpiece.  Well, maybe not a masterpiece, not yet anyway :)  I set a very reasonable word count of 20,000 for myself, which equates to around 667 words a day.  So far, I'm on track (5234 words as of this posting) -- just spent the entire morning writing to catch up and try and get ahead after a long day of doing chores yesterday.

The experience is exhilarating.  I've now Pantsed my way through 25% of my goal (for those of you new to the NaNoWriMo world, Pantsing means making it up as you go along as opposed to Planning it out -- those people are called Planners). I'm not sure if any of it will make any sense when I get done, but at least I'll have 20,000 words to edit to my hearts content.  Very exciting.

The down side to this, and unfortunately there is one, is that I have not had time to compose a review this week, and probably won't until this experiment is over. However, it is a small price to pay, I think, given I might have the germ of a novel to hone once the experiment is through.

So there you have it.  I'll keep posting updates as the weeks go by.  And with any luck, I'll be able to tell you on April 30th, that I've met my goal.

Good luck to all you other Campers. May your words flow smoothly!


1 comment: